I’ve been visiting the Tucson Gem Showcase for about 15 years now and one of my favorite things that I get to do is share it all with you!
Yes, we already know that Tucson is filled with mega-watt crystal energy around gem-show time.
When I’m there I find myself kind of like in a trance or sort of crystal-drunk. Then you have come down from that high when you get home. ** I know I’m not the only one who gets that feeling while there.**
But the magnetism of Tucson IS NOT just about the crystal energy. Yeah, it’s partly that but then amplified way up by the healing energy of the land itself. You can read more about my take on that here.
And then layer on top all the crystal lovers gathered there from around the globe in one spot — it’s the whole atmosphere! It’s total MAGIC!
If you’re thinking about heading out (and if you’re a crystal-lover I think you should try to check it out at least once in your lifetime), I have some insider secrets, resources, tips, tricks + wisdom on the absolute best way to experience and get the most out visiting Tucson for the annual Gem and Mineral Showcase.
DON’T MISS THIS: Tucson Gem Show Gift for You!
I gave this out to all the subscribers of my newsletter recently. If you’d like to subscribe to my email newsletter (where I love to talk everything crystals), you can sub right here and get yourself your own free copy of my Crystal Savvy Top Gem Show Shopping Tips pdf download so you can go to the showcase knowing:
- EXACTLY what to expect
- How to properly plan your trip to make the most out of it
- Get savvy on how to shop smart
- Avoid wasting time, energy and money
- How to get the best deals!
Although it’s geared towards the Tucson Gem Show, many of the tips in this FREE pdf apply to ANY gem show. Even if it’s a some-day bucket list item, if you simply just want to fantasize or plan ahead (really smart to do that!) then you’ll want to get your hands on this baby now!
Pop your name + email address here to subscribe to my email list and grab your copy now:
2020 YouTube Livestreams
- Come with us on a gem show field trip!
- View some AHHH-mazingly large and vibrant amethyst at the show
5 Insider Secret Tips
- Lodging: Hotels book FAST so if you’re even thinking about going in 2021, start figuring out where you may want to stay now (hotels, air BnB or by-owner rentals). Otherwise, it’s gonna be slim-pickin’s … or no-pickin’s (if you wait too long!)
- Use Instagram to your Advantage: In the last couple of years, I’ve used Instagram to scope out the highlights of the show before I even get there. This way you kind of get the sneaky-peak ahead of time and can plan your stops and itinerary ahead of time based on what you want to make sure not to miss. Or even take a look at what just posted from this year’s most recent show so you have a good idea of what to expect. Follow any (or ALL!) of these hashtags and see if you can come up with any others (if you do come up with a new one, please post it in the comments below!):
3. Transportation: What Kind of “transpo” do you think you’ll prefer? Hopefully, you’ve grabbed your copy of my free pdf above and you have a good understanding of how this showcase is laid out. It’s not ONE show. So you’ll need to be bopping all around town. Maybe taking an Uber isn’t going to work and you may not want to rely on the free shuttle. If you’re going to be renting a car, also be sure to book this way in advance. This year, they were all sold out if you were trying to book last-minute.
4. More than Just Crystals: Plus, if you’re like me you may want to explore some of the beautiful surrounding sites and things to do which aren’t in the middle of town (Tombstone, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Bisbee, San Xavier del Bac Mission just to name a few!) Personally, I think a rental car is the best way to go if you’re there for more than a couple days and you want to get out and see some of these surrounding attractions. Check out this site for a good overview of fun things to do in and around Tucson.
5. Use an App: Finally, there’s an app for that! Here’s the Official Tucson Gem Show Guide app for smartphones. It’s great because it updates you with the latest news, dining options, when and where each show is held, type of show (public, wholesale or both). It comes in very handy for planning + navigating around town.
General Tucson Gem Show Links
- 5 Must-See Tucson Gem Shows
- All About the Show
- More Things to Do in Tucson
- My Gem Show, Mining + Crystal Field Trips YouTube Playlist
My 2020 Tucson Gem Show Haul, Recap + Insider Secrets
Must-Reads-Before-You-Go Blog Posts:
- All About Recent Years Gem Show (and info about the surrounding healing vortex!)
- If you’d like a thorough Tucson Gem and Mineral Show Primer (plus Insider Tips!), I have a classic blog post here all about it. I feel anyone who loves crystals should get familiar with what this “show” is all about. Try to get out to see it at least once. Make it a bucket-list item! Someday, you’ll tick that item off. 🙂
- Shopping Tips! If you’d like some clever insider gem show shopping tips (not just for Tucson), I have another must-read classic blog post over here all about that.