Sugilite: it’s a very popular stone on the scene right now, so that’s what we’re gonna to talk about here today. ♥
First off, just some geology pronunciation stuffs: I know most of you in our community are perhaps more used to this stone being more commonly pronounced as ‘soo-jeh-lyt’.
This is a mineral that’s actually named after the geologist who discovered it back in 1944, Dr. Sugi; hence the name, “Sugilite”.
But a lot of people see how it’s spelled and they mispronounced it as ‘soo-jeh-lyt’.
It’s actually pronounced, “soo-ghee-lyt”, with a hard-G.
But in the grand scheme of things, that’s the least important bit about this stone. 😉
Here’s a quick recap of the info included in the above video…
- It’s a manganese-based mineral — also containing lots of other elements as well
- most often comes from the manganese mines in South Africa
- its Mohs Hardness is between 6 and 6.5 so it’s relatively hard
- usually grows in masses; a stone mass. Very, very, rarely does it form a crystal, but when it does they call it a “sugilite gel” — where it’s transparent, those are going to be much more expensive. 😉
- can range from a pale lilac color all the way down to a deep purple and even bordering on magenta from the manganese content in it
Sugilite Metaphysical Info
- aligns with your Third Eye and Crown Chakras
- invites in Archangel Michael; your angel of protection as I mentioned in a recent video blog post
- a stone of spiritual and powerful psychic protection
Sugilite helps to purify your aura and your EMF (one and the same).
Sugilite is our go-to stone for spiritual protection, so if you’re having dreams where you feel like there’s a lot going on and maybe some spiritual or psychic attack happening or even just sensing that intuitively, in general (it doesn’t have to be in a dream)… this is your stone to work with for that.
It’s also a stone that helps to enhance your dreams. Therefore, if you’d like to have more vibrant dreams or better dream-recall then this is the stone for you.
So, I’d love to hear about your experiences with this gorgeous stone so please share in the comments below.
Do you have Sugilite in your collection?
A tumbled stone or jewelry piece?
How have you worked with this and how have you found Sugilite supports you in Crystal Healing?