Sugilite: it’s a very popular stone on the scene right now, so that’s what we’re gonna to talk about here today. ♥
First off, just some geology pronunciation stuffs: I know most of you in our community are perhaps more used to this stone being more commonly pronounced as ‘soo-jeh-lyt’.
This is a mineral that’s actually named after the geologist who discovered it back in 1944, Dr. Sugi; hence the name, “Sugilite”.
But a lot of people see how it’s spelled and they mispronounced it as ‘soo-jeh-lyt’.
It’s actually pronounced, “soo-ghee-lyt”, with a hard-G.
OK, ’nuff about that. 😉
Here’s a quick recap of the info included in the above video…
- It’s a manganese-based mineral… also contains lots of other elements as well
- most often comes from the manganese mines in South Africa
- its Mohs Hardness is between 6 and 6.5 so it’s relatively hard
- usually grows in masses; a stone mass. Very, very, rarely does it form a crystal, but when it does they call a “sugilite gel” – where it’s transparent, those are going to be much more expensive. 😉
- can range from a pale lilac color all the way down to a deep purple and even bordering on magenta from the manganese content in it
Sugilite Metaphysical Info
- aligns with your Third Eye and Crown Chakras
- also aligns closely with Archangel Michael; your angel of protection as I mentioned in a recent video blog post
- a stone of spiritual and powerful psychic protection
Sugilite helps to purify your aura and your EMF (one and the same).
Sugilite is our go-to stone for spiritual protection, so if you’re having dreams where you feel like there’s a lot going on and maybe some spiritual or psychic attack happening or even just sensing that intuitively, in general (it doesn’t have to be in a dream)… this is your stone to work with for that.
It’s also a stone that helps to enhance your dreams or to have more vibrant dreams or to assist in remembering your dreams; dream work in general.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with this gorgeous stone so please share in the comments below.
Do you have Sugilite in your collection? A tumbled stone or jewelry piece? How have you worked with this and how have you found Sugilite supports you in Crystal Healing?