This Crystal Q&A question comes from Geert in Belgium (Can I just take a moment to gush about our worldwide sparkly community?! I’m so grateful to have our HMCA Certified Crystal Healers now in 10 different countries around the world! (Find one near you!)
Sharing the love & knowledge of crystal healing, that’s what it’s all about & I’m so freakin’ happy that we’re on this path together :). Thank You Sparkle Gems!
BORING DISCLAIMER: I think you already know that I’m not a doctor & am not giving medical advice. Crystals should be used as a compliment to & not as a replacement for regular medical care & consultations. Let me also warn you that this is a link-rich post. I have lots of good resources here to refer you to. ALL of the products that I recommend are products that I have personally used & HIGHLY recommend. Some of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a commission if you purchase through them, but you can certainly purchase through a different link. Just wanted you to know that I wouldn’t have them here if I didn’t totally believe in them.
So, Geert asks:
“When I ground, but my body is not technically connected to the ground, is this OK? Will we still receive the benefits of grounding when we are on the 10th floor of a building, or on a train, or on a plane?”
Watch this vid for my answer to Geert’s question…
Grounding Tips for Balance in a High Flying World
Grounding is definitely a good idea & a wonderful practice in the world of energetic healing & crystal healing:
We need to ground to stay balanced, so that we don’t get depleted w/ an electron deficiency!!! In today’s fast paced electro savvy world, we’re surrounded by positively charged ions & are mostly insulated & disconnected from the healing effect of Mama Earth. In order to stay balanced, the best thing to do is have skin to earth contact, picking up the earth’s natural plethora of negative ions.
Because of those new shoes, strappy sandals, or fancy boots you’re kickin’, you’re feet don’t get to touch the earth & accumulate the negative ions that our great planet provides aplenty. Really all you need to do to ground is walk around barefoot on the Earth … (I recommend doing this as much as possible).
If you wanna learn more about grounding with the earth’s energy (earthing), there’s a whole book about this that I highly recommend:
But, if you’re an urban Crystal Hottie, or you live in a cold climate, well it’s probably not really that practical to go barefoot very often. Luckily, we can use substitutes for our practical needs (love me some practical answers).
Crystals to the rescue!
What about when you’re off the ground & you’re actually physically disconnected from the earth?
- Use crystals in your meditation, grab that black tourmaline, focus your intention and visualize rooting and grounding into Mother Earth.
- For travel, I have another blog post on that right here on Crystals & Travel which includes my special mojo kit for travel.
- When traveling in a train or an airplane, you need to set a strong intention during the flight & take extra special care after the flight;
- Carry a hematite stone & use it to help balance your electromagnetic field & alleviate jet lag.
- Also take your shoes off during the flight (and rub your tootsies w/ the hematite).
BEWARE & Combat Radiation After a Flight
What? Radiation on an airplane?
Yes, I know from my last post on this topic that this is shocking news to many. Yep, flying the “friendly” skies gives as much as 1,000 times the radiation of those airport body scanners everyone is yammering on about. It’s not actually the airplane doing this but our closer proximity to the Sun. Dr. Mercola, natural health expert explains:
“Nearly everyone forgets that when you fly, there is also ionizing radiation exposure. In fact, on a typical transcontinental flight at 30,000 feet you will be exposed to 20 microsieverts of radiation. That is 1,000 times the dose you receive from the scanner.”
So what to do about that?
1. Load up on anti-oxidants before, during & after your flight. Both in supplement form and naturally through your food: blueberries, leafy greens, colloidal silver
2. Take an Crystal Anti-Radiation Mineral Bath as quickly as you can after the flight. Ingredients:
- If you have access to a specimen of colemanite (used just for this purpose b/c it has a low hardness and the frequent baths will eventually cause it to lose its luster);
colemanite is boron-based, thereby accepting & ionizing radiation
- 1 hematite (use a polished one or it will rust)
- 1 cup of plain epsom salts
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup high quality Himalayan Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp of Sonne’s Detoxification No 7– contains bentonite (mineral-rich volcanic clay), soaks up yuckies, like radiation & helps your body recover quickly
3. Fly at night. No Sun. Genius, right?!! Now those red-eye flights don’t sound so bad.
Oh…here’s that great Grounding Alternative Kit created by the authors of the book; Earthing that I mentioned in the vid:
Hope this helps answer your questions on using crystals to support you while traveling & how to help stay grounded.
Do you have a special crystal that you have to have with you when you travel or if you live in a high-rise? Or a special routine that you do in order to stay grounded & healthy when you’re jet setting? Please share that in the comments below.