Topic: FTC Crack Down | Fake Crystal Sellers Now at Risk
In this blog post, I’ve included the show notes for today’s show or the most recent show, including the links and resources I reference in the video.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a legal expert and this is not legal advice. All information provided in this post and video is for entertainment purposes only.
In today’s show, we’re talking about those selling known crystal fakes or misrepresentations being at risk of legal action with the FTC. We’re discussing stuff like:
- crystal sellers possibly running the risk of legal action
- popular crystals that are a straight up scam
- examples of dodgy or deceitful selling practices
- What the FTC is cracking down on
BTW, the above image is of Rainbow Cal-Silica, one of the crystal-fakes I’ve written about before.
Just wondering… have you ever looked at a crystal and thought, “Is this the real deal or is this just a fake?” Want my guidance on becoming more Crystal Savvy? Then come take a look at my Crystal Savvy: Crystal + Mineral Identification Class Elective.
- Federal Trade Commission document referenced in the show.
- My blog post on How to Tell the Difference | Merlinite, Mystic Merlinite & Blizzard Stone
- Recent video and blog post on Real Citrine vs. Fake Citrine | How to Tell the Difference
In my next newsletter (sending out on April 3) I’m going to send all my subscribers my FREE handy downloadable Crystal Fakes Reference eBook. This is the EXACT reference you need in order to navigate the gem shows, crystal shops, and eBay, get the REAL thing and get what you pay for. Don’t get scammed or duped into buying FAKES… unless that’s exactly what you want! Sign up for my email newsletter here.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s topic. Please post your comments below!