Hola Crystal Hottie!
Today we are going to talk about Pantone’s 2015 Color of the Year, which happens to be Marsala. Over the past few years, I’ve done a video with this theme, finding a crystal that embodies that specific light frequency.
- 2014- Radiant Orchid
- 2013- Emerald
Pantone describes Marsala as a “naturally robust & earthy wine red.”
Since making this video, I’ve discovered that yes, Marsala is indeed a wine produced in the region surrounding the Italian city of Marsala in Sicily.
Man! Marsala was a tough color.
Yeah, it was hard to find a crystal that was that exact color that Marsala is because a Pantone Color is very specific. I swear, while I was sitting down to make up this video, I could not think of any others! Was drawing a total blank.
Rubellite is actually a ruby-red color of tourmaline; hence its name! Tourmaline comes in almost every color of the rainbow.
The specimen I show in the video is actually a rubellite in clear quartz matrix & it’s a lighter color of the rubellite. It’s actually bordering on pink tourmaline. The one in the photo below is a better representation for “Marsala”.[caption id="attachment_16292" align="aligncenter" width="283"] Rubellite Photo Credit: Rob Lavinsky, iRocks.com – CC-BY-SA-3.0 [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons[/caption]
- Rubellite is known for its ability to heal the heart physically & emotionally, while also connecting you with the Universal Heart that connects us all. It’s a great crystal for balancing both the heart & root chakra
- It’s a beryllium aluminum silicate, as all tourmalines are & has a Mohs hardness of 7-8, so relatively hard
Ruby actually comes closer to the Marsala color then my specific specimen of Rubellite that I showed in the video.
- a stone of passion & strength, it also helps boost our life force energy & aligns with our root chakra
- Ruby is an aluminum oxide & is a variety of corundum. It’s quite tough with a Mohs hardness of 9 (10 being the hardest)
Here’s a precious cinnabar specimen I took a photo of on dolomite & quartz that was on display at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show….price tag was $25,000 smackers! Gorgeous but muchos expensive.
- a whimsical stone of magic, insight & deep transformation that aligns with our root & third eye chakra
- a mercury sulfide mineral, this makes it a toxic stone so be sort careful handling it & definitely no ingesting gem elixirs created with it. It’s relatively “soft” with a Mohs hardness of only 2-2.5
Those are my picks for the Color of the Year & Stone Combo. I would love it if you have other crystals in mind that would go along with Marsala, (really coulda used your help pre-video on this one)…please tell us about it in the comments below!