From time to time, I get an angry post on my FB page saying something to the effect of:
“YOU DON’T NEED TO BE CERTIFIED TO DO CRYSTAL HEALING!!!”
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Firstly, I’m not quite sure why people need to come across so angrily when they convey that notion. Weird that it’s a trigger of some sort. The whole notion of “certification” in the metaphysical arts obviously hits a nerve for some people. That’s for sure.
Secondly, I never said that I feel you need to be certified in crystal healing, even though I founded an academy that does just that… certify people in Crystal Healing. 😉 But I can see why some might assume that I feel that way.
Believe it or not… I’m a firm believer that you CAN totally teach YOURSELF all this crystal healing stuffs. No, you don’t need to get certified at all.
Who do you think taught the authors of many a wonderful crystal healing book?
Who do you think taught me?
Yep, that’s the route that I took in the beginning: Self-taught. Yes, yes, I’ve since acquired various titles and certifications, but no secrets here! I’m self studied, self-researched & self-taught; standing on the shoulders of some sparkly giants that have come before me.
In addition, at this time, there are no laws or governing bodies in most locales (please do your due diligence and check your local laws and regulations) that require you to be Certified in order to practice Crystal Healing on others.
So, nope… you do not need to be certified at all.
Then Why Bother with Crystal Healing Certification?
Well, sometimes, in today’s society, to steer us clear of the charlatans that may be lurking out there, one way to protect against that is to look for an accredited & approved certification.
The truth is that many people value the fact that you’ve achieved certification as a Crystal Healer because it shows you’ve had some formal education, some genuine training in this modality and that hopefully, you’ve been held accountable to certain standards by the certifying body. So, the drawback of being self-taught is that you don’t get a certification to hang on your wall or to pull out to allay people’s possible hesitations.
Maybe you feel you can do a great job finding the right resources and gathering up all the info yourself.
Totally do-able. It’s all up to you. That’s what it comes down to. It all depends on your discipline, your tenacity, your ability to wade through all the info and your willingness to try and experiment on yourself first.
I mean, hey… who of us has not tried to teach ourselves how to do something by simply watching some YouTube videos?
By the way, I did recently try to re-teach myself how to play guitar again (I used to be pretty good… but use it or lose it!) by using the YouTube University method. No Bueno though for me. Sounded HORRIBLE! 🙁 I realized I’d much rather get my bum back to regular lessons with a face to face teacher and learn it the right way with a side-order of discipline to go along with it. I know that will work much better for me at this stage in my life and it’s what worked for me in the past.
Whether or not you need to go in for a deeper education & certification with Crystal Healing is your decision, Babe. You need to feel into it intuitively. Your belly wisdom will tell you if it’s the right path for you.
Some important things to keep in mind when deciding:
- You don’t know what you don’t know – You can only hunt & research for what you already know to research, right? Through my years of working with the crystals, having case studies at my finger tips & also benefiting greatly from my student & alumni experiences, there are things I’ve learned, verified & included in our curriculum that you won’t know to investigate on your own. What I teach is a specific method that you won’t find online. I’ve already done the sifting through many viewpoints, methods, research & conflicting info. So just be prepared to sift through tons of random or conflicting data (some valid, some not) AND bunk internet info with no credibility. Remember to always consider your source! I spent years doing this while learning from trial & error what was bogus info or just wasn’t going to work for me. Be prepared to spend lots of time experimenting & researching on your own. Nothing wrong with doing this. I did it, but that’s what I love to do. Not everyone does. Plus, I’m a former science teacher and my previous professional experience in research & education has taught me what questions to ask to dive deeper, which rabbit hole to jump in, tunnel around in and find more as well as where to look for reliable resources. So, think about it: are you prepared to possibly waste time on crystal healing teachings & methods that may or may not work? Your answer may be a resounding “YES” or an “ummmm…no”.
- De-coding the SCIENCE – OK, so you get the top books recommended by Amazon on Crystal Healing. They must be good, right? “I’ll just read these & then I’m good to go!” Well, besides the conflicting info & some books being better than others, some of the science may not be explained in a way that you can understand, if there’s any science to it at all! Or perhaps you’d like to have the scientific stuffs clarified in a way that you can easily digest. Can a book or website do that? By the way, I’ll toot my own horn here and say that this is what I’m known for: infusing the study of crystal healing with science and breaking it down in a way that makes it enjoyable and easily digestible.
- Info Arrangement – once you have all the info that you think is right for you, that resonates with you most, you need to piece it together; creating a system or structure so that it all makes sense. A lot of us like to have a strong foundation; steps to follow. It’s a proven method for learning and retaining new info. For example, my course has my detailed curriculum, content & methods presented and painstakingly prepared and organized in a very specific way. My Masters of Science is in Curriculum, Instruction & Technology, so doing that kind of stuff is my jam. I love to do it! No need to reinvent the wheel if you don’t feel like it or don’t have the time.
- Going it alone – self-study means that you’re on your own, Baby. And maybe that’s how you roll. But then again… that means no one to ask questions to, no one to compare with, no one to clarify. And definitely no community and no mentor. The value of having a vibrant community of like-minded people already in place all learning the same thing as you is immeasurable! You get built-in motivation, inspiration & accountability partners! In my course, you also get reliable mentors and Crystal Coaches to walk the path with you. Not to mention the fabulous friendships that spring up from just such a community. 🙂
- Education vs. Certification – Now if you’re not planning to practice crystal healing professionally and you don’t need or want a certification, I totally get that. In fact, over the years many of you have asked for a way to take my Crystal Healer Course solely for that purpose, to deepen your education and understanding of Crystal Healing for your own personal knowledge and use in your daily life. Well, I’ve answered that call (we call it the Audit Level). Yep, this year we’re offering 3 different levels to register for my Certified Crystal Healer course so that you can choose the option that works best for you and your Crystal Healing goals.
So sure, you don’t need Certification to be a Crystal Healer. But I’m super-proud of my course and the valuable education, content, support, integrity, and community we provide. I know our alumni are too! So if you’re thinking of joining us for 2017, we’d love to welcome you. Registration is currently open for just a little bit longer.
If you’d like to learn more about the Certified Crystal Healer Course and all the sparkle and glitter the Academy provides, click here to get on my interest list today!
If not, that’s fine too, Crystal Hottie. I’m thankful you’re a part of our community and love to share crystal knowledge with you here on the blog. Thank you for being part of that.