Oh! I am so honored to bring to you a guest blog post from someone who I highly respect. I consider myself privileged to call her friend & mentor. I look forward to her teachings in whatever way I can get them!!!
This is Jacqueline DuBois aka The Moon Mother & I LOVE HER!! She & her husband Dan (Lover!) have done readings for me in various forms, sent me teachings, gifts & insights through her newsletter, in lovely cigar boxes & through her YouTube Channel. I could just listen to her all day.
But enough of my gushing! Let’s get to it!!!
[caption id="attachment_2116" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Look at this Hot Mama!? You can’t help but fall in love with her! Her positive vibe jumps off the page![/caption]
My first experience with crystals was when I was 18 years old! Of course that was some time ago since I am sneakin’ up on 54 this year. I worked in a stone cutting facility in the dust free room cleaning teeny tiny quartz tuning forks for watches! In other areas of this building huge quartz crystals sat heaped one upon another awaiting a series of precision cuts in order to fuel this miracle of watches that ran on quartz energy!
Back then we were just coming out of the Hippy Generation and a few of us straggler Earth Mama’s were holding the fort. I had just moved out of my parents home and in with Lover, who was a bit older than I and gave access to a plethora of incredible living experiences. For instance, we lived in a pseudo hippy commune! Lots of incense burning, house plant jungle, Indian tapestries hanging everywhere and yes, we even had a water bed! Our lifestyle was that of natural foods (it was not even called health food yet), music of the day and beach living traveling to surf spots in California every weekend.
At that time having sea shell collections were much more hippy-esque in my realm than crystals. To this day I still use Sea Shells in my magick! I did not have actual crystal collections until my late 40’s. However I was unknowingly building my knowledge of crystals by my study of herbs!
You see herbs were (and are now) a passion of mine since I was a child. When one gets deep into the study of herbs for healing and magick, which is how I began my quest it does not take long until you drill down into the Elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water…which then float you out into the Universe of Planets as well!
Because of my obsession with studying herbs I naturally began to categorize each into indications and correspondences. This is known as Rulership. I was not so Internet savvy in those days…was there even an internet back then, I can’t remember, so I had books up the ying-yang and the most precious was The Rulership Book by Bills and 777 by Crowley. I was so excited to learn that the key unlocking the magickal properties of all things was in the simplicity of Earth, Air, Fire and Water!
I adored making my herbal concoctions and trying them out on the family. Some of them worked and some…not so much. It was not long before my Herbal Apothecary was hailed one of the largest this side of the Mississippi! This then led me to Essential Oils as the next logical transition..then on it’s heals Flower Essences and Homeopathy!
I opened up an Hippy Shoppe with all my herbs, oils and Essences in town and taught classes on making remedies.
It was here that I began working with crystals. With my understanding of Vibrational Frequencies it was a complimentary jump to understanding the healing and wholing indications of crystals.
I remember just how much fun it was shootin’ the breeze with a friend of mine who was as jazzed about crystals as I was with herbs. She would name the stone and it’s correspondences and I would match it with an herb! That’s when it really clicked! It’s all the same thing!
I started my little collection and it grew to some pretty big proportions! Just like my apothecary gone wild! I started to think that I would end up having to house all of these stones and crystals like I have my herbs and Lover got a bit nervous. You see planet-wise I have both my sun and moon in the second house of possessions. What that means is that if I shift my focus on anything in manifests…in spades!
So I began to give away the stones that I did not find useful in my daily life and now I am down to some favorites that I find useful in my mission. I’m still working on skinny-ing up on the herbal apothecary but it looks like that will be an impossibility!
I’m a pretty simple lady and so I don’t try to crowd myself up with too wide a base. I’ve narrowed down my crystal and stone choices to a handful. Selenite, Amethyst, Quartz Crystal points, Rose Quartz, Tiger’s Eye, Citrine, Jade, Onyx, Snowflake Obsidian…O, hey…there’s more than I thought! Urf! I’ve gone and done it again! I’m inundated with stones and crystals! And that little list was just the beginning!
So how do I use them?
- Welp, I wear them in necklaces, bracelets and rings.
- I slip them into Magick-Miracle-Mojo-Bags as place keepers for prayerful intentions.
- I use some (not all) for my structured water to make elixirs.
- I utilize them in my readings as remedies that assist in moving energy around on the Morphogenic Field with the cards.
- I create Crystal Grids.
- I grind crystal points and use the dust in my garden (google Rudolf Steiner and Biodynamics).
- I surround sacred spots at the Monastery with large crystal points like the Buddha Pond.
- I cook with rose quartz when I make “stone soup”.
- I put small points in my sprouting trays for my kitchen garden.
- I keep two huge-mungous rose quartz rocks in my Baptismal Tub of Love!
- I have strung crystal beads on my pendulum.
- My Magick Wand is made up of stones and crystals.
- My Besom is decorated with stones.
- I scry with a Black Onyx Sphere with a crystal window in it…I call it the Omphalos Stone and it stays at the center of the Main Altar in the Chapel at Mother Moon Pagan Monastery.
- I keep a dish of stones to give as gifts for visitors.
- In rituals we have used crystal points and acupressure points to imagine up our intentions together.
- We are now using exact 51 degree pyramids surrounded with a grid of amethyst with herkimer diamonds for expanding our dream time under our beds.
- When I wildcraft herbs I always leave a little gift for the Mother Plants of a tumbled stone.
- When I’m meditating I hold Moqui Stones to assist my precious body to go to balance.
O Gosh, so I could go on and on!
If someone is looking to begin I always say just find a nice quartz crystal point! Going back to the first stone that I worked with! They are programable, they have the ability to transmit energy and information and they are receptive to our intentions! You can program a Quartz Crystal Point to vibrate any energy you desire!
The world is a wonderfully mysterious rich adventure! I’m jazzed about it all!
Love and Bless Bless, J
OK, back to me (Hibiscus). Isn’t she great?! You can hook up with Jacquie by visiting her on her site or on her YouTube Channel.
I love my Jacquie lots & lots!!!
And heaps of Sparkly& Crystal Love to all you Crystal Hotties too!