On Aug. 21, 2017, we’ll all be under the rare spell of a Total Solar Eclipse. This is an INTENSE event; both on a cosmic as well as an energetic level.
Our Sun is also currently going through some extreme changes and so, I feel from here on out it’s more important than ever to pay attention to these cosmic events that involve our Sun (Sol) in any way.
Those of you that have been following me for a while know that I love to ride our local cosmic energies. Now, I used to avoid giving out advice on how to work with the energy of a solar eclipse because I was still experimenting with it myself, but I’ve since worked it out and done it enough that I feel confident in sharing this info out with you.
On Aug. 21, people all across North America will get to see our sun obscured by our moon.
SIDENOTE: I remember the last time we had a total solar eclipse… where it was visible for us here in North America; it was 1979. I was a wee one in the 5th grade and there was a whole lot of upheaval, chaos and change happening in my life at that time. Eclipses can do that, especially if you’re not aware of what’s happening on a cosmic level. I certainly was not.
Daylight will seem like twilight and our temps will noticeably cool off. There may be some wind too and an eery feeling in the air… no wonder the ancients used to be terrified by this event!
If you’re in the right place, you’ll even be able to see huge glittering streams of light magically beaming around our Moon. And there are tons of cool eclipse resources for you to geek out on here.
the Sun, the Moon & the Earth are in perfect alignment and these various types of cosmic energies are STACKED, magnifying and amplifying them.
Breaking Down the Energies
Will you be on the “Path of Totality”?
That’s the precise path on our planet where the Sun will be totally eclipsed. For others outside the path, it may be partially eclipsed. For example, I know that here in my spot in Florida, the Sun will be between 85-75% eclipsed. Still pretty rad!
Don’t fret if you’re not going to be in the Path of Totality. You don’t need to be able to visibly see an eclipse for its energy to be able to affect you. And that’s a good thing too b/c it’s very difficult to catch a total eclipse, especially a solar one! You can be anywhere on planet and you will be affected by its energies, like it or not. You can also work with the energies, should you choose to.
Just as I teach with crystals if an energy is High Amplitude (meaning it carries a whopping lot of energy) it can mess with the base frequency of an object. Yeah, I classify an eclipse as a high amp event which leaves an imprint on Mother Earth’s grid (all over planet) which, in turn, influences us. Make sense? And yes, the effects of its energy on us has been tested by many a scientist.
Many people are quite sensitive to these energetic shifts and can easily feel them. Those who are empaths or work closely with high-frequency energies like crystals or do energy work are even more sensitive to these sort of cosmic energetic shifts. If you’re not feeling it… that may be a signal to you to get out there, barefoot on the Earth & get grounded and connected.
This eclipse is the “bookend partner” eclipse to the August 7 Partial Lunar Eclipse we just had. As I’ve been teaching for decades, eclipses usually occur in pairs of solar + lunar; a balancing of energies. During this “in-between window”, we enter a time of energy-in-flux where things get a bit crazy for us. A total solar eclipse is also a time of activations (both cosmic and biological) and leveling-up, but with this August solar eclipse, that in-flux time ends a few days after the actual eclipse is over; the energetic “window” closes. Although the portal for this time of change closes, the integration period can last up to one year, so you may continue to feel the effects of it. By the way, this will be the last eclipse of any sort for 2017… but it’s a DOOZIE! So hold on.
At this time, the Moon’s energy will be very strong because it’s gonna be closer to the Earth than usual. The Sun’s energy, on the other hand, is somewhat diminished during the eclipse. So, this makes for a more intense than usual New Moon energy; essentially, a New Moon on steroids.
This is a time for:
- planting seeds for your BIG PLANS, MAJOR CHANGES
- setting important new intentions
- greatly enhanced and amplified intuition/divination
- major yin energy (feminine, intuitive, right-brained)
- planetary activations
- DNA activations
Since the solar eclipse seems to intensify our focus on the Sun while amplifying our connection to the Moon, I feel it’s important to actually connect with both solar & lunar energy at this time.
CAUTION: Even when 99% of the Sun’s surface (the photosphere) is obscured during the partial phases of a solar eclipse (before it gets to Totality), the remaining crescent Sun is still intense enough to cause a retinal burn when looking at it, so please be careful! Click here for eye safety tips during a Solar Eclipse. No, sunglasses WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!
Solar Eclipse Crystals
I used to think b/c this is a “solar” event that working with solar energies was the thing to do, but through doing this work myself over the years, I’ve found it to be much more effective to work with the lunar energies instead. I also like to layer various types of energies together of similar frequency (enter the crystals!) to attune my energies to these events. We can totally use crystals in tandem with these eclipse energies.
Here are my fav’s:
- Labradorite – It’s actually closely related to moonstone and it has that similar flash; a blue flash that you get in certain light, that iridescent quality. Labradorite is all about tapping into magic. Plus it’s also quite protective. If you’re feeling like you need some protective vibrational frequencies during a certain phase of the moon, then go ahead and try working with labradorite.
2. Indigo Gabbro (aka Mystic Merlinite) – Gorgeous indigo gabbro is newly discovered & only found on the island of Madagascar. It’s a black stone with large gray mottling in it that can be polished to a high shine. If you hold it out in the sunlight, you’ll notice that the grays in it have a sort of violet iridescence that’s beautifully unique. A gentle stone, I find it to be quite lovely to work with it at New Moon time & for setting intentions. It also has a very calming quality to it.
3. Dendritic Agate (aka Merlinite)- for further entraining with that boosted intuition! It’s a rather forceful energy though, so be careful when working with it. You may want to go slowly & try it out in small doses at first.
Things I like to do:
- Create and work with an Eclipse Intention Setting Crystal Grid
- Sit outside during the eclipse on the Earth with a select crystal firmly planted in the Earth in front of you to activate and attune it to the energies of the eclipse
- Put together an Eclipse Energy crystal mojo kit including several crystals in a little pouch to carry around with you
- Take a Solar Eclipse Energy Bath (add several drops of jasmine essential oil [carries intense New Moon frequencies] along with your chosen eclipse crystals)
In my Certified Crystal Healer Course, I go over how to do things like this in great detail and, of course, so much more. We happen to be in the tail-end of our registration window for my 2017 LIVE term right now and tuition will be increasing to full price this Friday. Check it out if you’re interested.
Are you planning on working with the Solar Eclipse energies? Will you create a Crystal Grid or a Mojo Kit? I’d love to hear about your plans, Crystal Hottie. 🙂 Please share below!