Teenagers sure are funny.
I miss teaching them science in the classroom. It was so amusing to me that they had discovered older 80’s shows on Netflix that my generation used to enjoy; Walker, Texas Ranger, Magnum PI & MacGyver to name a few. And they would often come to me in the very hands-on, unconventional classroom that I ran, wanting to try to “MacGyver” something up.
Of course, I always encouraged it (as long as it didn’t involve blowing something up!) So off they went with duct tape & paper clips seeing what they could cobble together. Hysterical!!
Years later, this “MacGyver” term has seeped its way firmly into our everyday vocab:
From the Urban Dictionary:
MacGyver (verb): v. 1. To use ingenuity to fix or remedy a problem using only the tools available at hand. 2. To jury-rig
Many of you have asked me this question on my Facebook page;
“Why can’t I just teach myself all this crystal healing stuff with books or the info available online?”
So, you want to MacGyver it up?
Nothing’s stopping you. You can totally do that! Many have…including me. 🙂
Maybe you feel you can do a great job gathering up all the info yourself from books & the internet.
I mean, hey…I recently thought this myself…“Why should I pay for that barre method training when I can just YouTube it up for free?!” (Well…I learned quickly that was NOT the way to go…talkin’ swollen painful right knee cap for a few weeks). Oy.
So you may do a really great job or you may not. It all depends…on you really.
6 Reasons why you may NOT want to MacGyver your Crystal Healing Education:
- Sifting through many viewpoints & conflicting info – be prepared to sift through tons of random or conflicting information (or bunk internet info with no credibility…remember to always consider your source!) I had quite a time doing this & had to learn from trial & error over many years what was bunk info or just wasn’t going to work for me. (CAUTION: the internet is crawling with this).And that was years ago when there was a lot less info out there than there is now! I mean, what good is FREE bunk info? Also, be prepared to spend lots of time experimenting & researching on your own. Nothing wrong with that method. I did it, but that’s what I do. There are also inexpensive crystal healing classes. Some great, some “meh” (have you taken any of those “meh” ones?) So think about it: are you prepared to possibly waste time on crystal healing teachings & methods that may or may not work?
- De-coding the SCIENCE – OK, so you get the top books recommended by Amazon on Crystal Healing. They must be good, right? “I’ll just read these & then I’m good to go!” Well, besides the conflicting info & some books being better than others, some of the science may not be explained in a way that you can understand, if there’s any science to it at all. Or perhaps you’d like to have the scientific stuffs clarified in way that you can easily digest. Can a book or website do that?
- Info Arrangement – once you have all the info that you think is right for you, you need to piece it together, creating a system or structure. A lot of us like to have a strong foundation; steps to follow. If you’d rather not reinvent the wheel, then MacGyvering may not be for you. For example, my course keeps all our curriculum, content & methods presented & painstakingly prepared & organized in a very specific way. My Masters of Science is in Curriculum, Instruction & Technology, so doing that kind of shiz is my pride & joy, Baby!
- Going it alone – “MacGyvering” it means you’ll most likely be going it alone, Jelly Bean…with no community & no mentor. The value of having a community in place is immeasurable. You get built-in motivation, inspiration & accountability partners! In my course, you also get reliable mentors to coach you through. That’s totally absent when you go it alone. Not to mention the fabulous friendships that spring up from just such a community. 🙂
- Certification – hey…I’m the first to say that certification is not necessary, but some are looking specifically for an accredited & approved certification to take you seriously… and you can’t get 1 of those suckers on your own. Now, offering a serious certification makes it much harder to run my sacred crystal biz, but due to my level of integrity, I feel this is the only way to do it. It brings a whole other level of complexity & accountability to my biz. For me, certification means the HMCA is responsible for the people certifying through us & making sure that my graduation process is one of integrity, so we have lots of checks & balances in place along with a strict grading process & verification checks.
- You don’t know what you don’t know – You can only hunt & research for what you already know to research, right? Through my years of working with the crystals, having case studies & also benefiting greatly from my students’ & alumni case studies there are things I’ve learned, verified & include in our curriculum that you won’t know to investigate on your own. What I teach is a specific method that you won’t find online.
Blood, Sweat & Tears (and some glitter!)
To create a genuinely superior crystal healing certification & education takes constant contemplation, planning, effort, passion, commitment + energy all dedicated to the success of our Crystalline Cohorts. It never ends. This is a constantly evolving organism that needs continuous care…as do I. I’m always investing in myself to learn more so I can bring that to my academy. Like I said, no part of the HMCA is static. I’m confident in saying that I provide a ROCK-solid education & I’m committed & happy to do it!
You know…the HMCA has really grown up over the years. It’s matured into an extremely successful & well-known go-to resource for all things “crystal healing”. We have grads from 33 countries, many of which are listed here on the alumni page. Crystal Healing is all over Mama Earth & touching lives everywhere!
My Certified Crystal Healing Course has been providing confidence & igniting transformations for our students for 5 years now! We just did a complete upheaval & upgrade on our systems & tech making the course the best it can be for our students in order to to give them the best learning environment. We choose to do that on a regular basis b/c that’s how we roll ’round here.
One of our recent grads summed up how “MacGyver’ing” her way through was working out for her,
“I had read some of it (crystal healing) in several of the books I have, but it just didn’t seem to stick with me. I didn’t absorb it, but when explained by Hibiscus Moon during this course, everything started falling into place for me and I totally understood and retained it!” ~ T. Stroh, CCH
What To Do Right Now
Review the steps above. Does “MacGyvering” your education on crystals sound like it’s for you? Maybe it is! Then go for it.
But if it doesn’t…then don’t keep wasting money on a little class here & yet another stack of books, not knowing where you’ll eventually land. If you’re ready to get it all figured out once & for all, while making some serious crystal realizations & transformations then make the commitment to have someone properly guide you.
If you’d like to learn the Hibiscus Moon Method & become a Hibiscus Moon Certified Crystal Healer, you may be interested in my Certified Crystal Healer Course. Are you ready to join?
P.S. If you know this is right for you & don’t want to MacGyver your way through, you can find out more info here & get on my Wait List so you’ll be notified next time I enroll for this course.