Find What You’re Looking For…Using a Pendulum
I’m often asked how one can go about using a crystal pendulum to find a lost object. (Now, it doesn’t have to be a crystal pendulum…it can be any pendulous object at all in fact).
Pendulums & other dowsing objects, like dowsing rods (L rods or Y rods), have been used throughout history to locate objects or resources.
I feel & teach my students that a pendulum allows you to tap into what your higher self already KNOWS so its not the pendulum having all the answers…you have them. The pendulum is just a tool that allows us to access them with more ease.
BUT… they’ve never been as gorgeous & juicy-looking as they are now!
Now, you do already need to sorta already know your stuff & have a clear idea of what your “yes” & “no” movements are in order to do this accurately. Here’s an oldie but goodie vid I did a few years ago that explains about that:
You don’t have to be a pendulum expert by any means but you do want to have a good connection with yours & be accustomed to its movements.
A pendulum is pretty simple, only having 2 parts to it:
- The “bob” is the part that schwings
- The “fob” is the part you hold from which it pivots
Using a pendulum to find something you’ve lost can be very helpful while also giving you great practice & bonding time with your pendulum! I find the more you use it the better & more accurate your results b/c your connection with is stronger & it can more easily resonate with you (or you with it).
Its actually pretty fun to do this. Total play-time here.
- You can draw up a rough map of the space you think your lost object in. It doesn’t need to be fancy-shmancy…just a rough drawing will do.
- Then simply walk around your space from room to room, asking your pendulum if you’re close or not, hot or cold. Yup, just like the game. For instance, you can go to each room within your home & ask if the lost item is there until you get a “yes”.
- Then spend time going through each area of that specific room asking if the object is in this or that region until you’ve homed in on it like a heat-seeking missile! This can even be done from a distance! All you need is a map of the space the object is thought to be in & your trusty pendulum.
You can be loose with it. There’s no right or wrong way. You can do this either sitting or standing, walking from spot to spot, comfortably holding the pendulum’s chain between your thumb & forefinger ( the pivot point) at a comfortable height that feels right for you. If you’re sitting, then go ahead & rest your elbow on a table for stability. Use whatever hand feels most comfortable for you.
Just make sure that pendulum is making a connection with you!
I’ve seen some people making these special pendulum hangers that hold the piece for you but…for me…that’s missing the whole point. That separates me from the pendulum & I do want to make that connection with it. I’m not saying that it’s wrong…it just doesn’t work for me.
So Happy Pendulum Hunting! May you find what you’re looking for, Sweet Pea!!
P.S. If you have a favorite pendulum method, insight or tidbit to share, please do in the comments below! You know how much this Crystal Hottie community lurrrrves that. 😀