Hellooooo Crystal Hotties. Today is a special treat b/c I have a guest post from my good friend, M. Flora Peterson aka Charming Pixie Flora on YouTube. Here’s a pic of us from when we got to finally meet up not too long ago:
Her energy is glorious & beaming! Beautiful inside & out. She’s always full of “Yays”!!! Who wouldn’t want to be around that? Well, she decided to stop by today to talk to use about…..CRYSTALS!! Shocker! On this blog? heeheeheee…its sort of a prerequisite around here! So, here is her post. Soak it up. She’s great inspiration…always!!…
Take It Away Flora:
Growing up with a river in my backyard, I had ample opportunity to collect river stones for the vast collection I had in my closet! But my first experience with crystals was when I was 12 years old on a family RV trip from Wisconsin to Yellowstone National park. We were hiking in a rather treacherous area in North Dakota, my sisters and I were scaling what seemed to be a mountain (of course being only 4 foot tall at the time, everything seemed like a mountain! Lol) I slipped and was face first in the dirt! What I saw when I opened my eyes would change my life forever!!!
I saw Mica! Yay!!!!!!!!!
Yay!! I was blown away by how shinny and sparkly this “rock” was!!! Being a lover of color and all things shiny, I had to have more! By the time we made our way to the top and back down again, my pockets, socks and the front of my shirt were all filled with Mica I had collected along the way! I spent the rest of that trip holding on to a piece of this brilliant mineral, examining it from every angle! Being from Wisconsin, I was use to the rather plain looking river stones and rocks that ranged in color from tan to gray and sometimes brown. This brought my awareness to a whole new level!!!
Once I got back to Wisconsin, I was on a mission! A mission to find more pretty shiny rocks!!!
Since then my collection has grown exponentially to include, river rocks from several states, ocean stones from South Africa, and Crystals from around the globe.
My first Crystal I bought when I was a freshman in high school , it was a Clear Quartz Cluster. I walked into the store and a crystal with a beam of light shining up to the sky beckoning to me. Seeing it from across the room, literally, I made my way over to it and picked it up! When I first held it I heard the sound of chimes and then a slow and steady hum….It was music to my ears. Never had a “rock” sung to me. Yay!!!
I bought it and spent the next few months holding it, inspecting it; carrying it in my pocket or purse…It was always with me.
About six months after I bought it I moved towns and the crystal cluster was lost in the move… I looked and looked for it, but couldn’t find it. It didn’t resurface again until years later, when I moved from Minnesota to Oklahoma in 2004!!! I was unpacking a box of random “what not’s” and there it was! I almost could not believe my eyes! There was no logical explanation for how it got into the box or why it ever disappeared in the first place, but all I knew was when I picked it up and held it again, I heard the familiar chimes and hum of its song to me!!! Yay!!!
I slept with that crystal by my bed each night and had the most profound dreams. Shortly after this, I began formally studying Earth based Spiritualism. My first Pagan teacher, Lady Youngdeer, had her students work with various stones and crystals while meditating and performing shape shifting exercises. I also began working with Lady Youngdeer to create gem elixirs and crystal grids brought my practice to another level again. Feeling the power of crystals in conjunction with meditative states was such a profound and eye opening experience. I found that when I meditated or worked with various crystals, I would experience different sensations in my body or achieve differing levels of clarity and awareness. Those experiences would sling-shot me to the next level from lover of crystals because they were pretty, shiny and fun looking to an avid user during my everyday life.
I began to research various types of crystals and stones to see their attributes and then “test” them to see what results I got from each one. One thing I realized is that even though certain books would name certain attributes for various crystals, when I would hold the stone or crystal and ask it, “What are your attributes for me?” I would get an answer 9 out of 10 times!!! Yay!!! This is something I have my students do in their studies with me.
When I became a member on YouTube and began sharing my practice, I was introduced to Phanie12 or HibiscusMoon, my life would never be the same again!!! She not only was able to explain various attributes for crystals but the scientific reasons WHY they work!! This is huge; since I am a huge lover of science and love being able to relate things on a scientific plane. My hubby comes from a very scientific background and we absolutely love to discuss metaphysical vs. scientific aspects of various things!!! HibiscusMoon’s book Crystal Grids How and Why they Work, is such a brilliant read and really proves that crystals do work! And why they work as well!!! It comes in quite handy during some of our debates! ; )
Working with crystals on such an intimate level and realizing how interconnected every one of us are as energetic beings, I began working with crystal grids to charge items as well as to infuse places with the power of a grid.
When I became an Earth Keeper of the Munay Ki Rites, my mentor Toni Swan, introduced working with crystals when working with Auric Cord removals; again bring that level of awareness with each session.
Recently I have started Hibiscus Moon’s crystal Certification class, I am REALLY feeling the awesome power of crystals and all they can do! Taking this course has allowed me to uncover the pure brilliance of Earth energies that are stored in these brilliant geometrically formed shining things we call crystals!!! Yay!!!
How I use crystals in my everyday practice:
I used crystals and stones every single day in my practice!
To take you through my day:
- When I wake up, I feel the lump that is the current crystal or stone for the time being in my pillow case that I work with while I sleep. This helps me to bring in the energy of the stone or crystal I am working with into my energy field all night long.
- Next to my bed I have a meditation altar that has several heart shaped stones I have found throughout the years that connects me with the Heartbeat of Mother Gaia.
- As I grab my cell phone, I see a large Black Tourmaline next to my cell phone to help with clearing the EMF’s that comes from my cell phone.
- Walking from my bedroom to the kitchen I pass by the living room that has a very large Rose Quartz chunk as well as several crystal grids that I pause in front of to feel the power and energy of the grid before I eat breakfast.
- Flicking on the switch to my water kettle, I grab a cup from the cupboard and see a slab of Selenite on the window sill to bring in high vibrational energies into my home.
- While getting ready for a day of classes with students and sessions with clients I put on my Rutilated Quartz ring that I wear when I do readings to aid in creating a clear channel when I read, as well as to connect me with an Arch Angel that lead me to purchase the ring. I also hold several crystals while in my sacred reading space before each reading to connect to higher realms. The crystals include: Celestine, Azurite, Fluorite, Amethyst, Apothalite and Rose Quartz.
- If I am doing Auric Cord Removals I pick up and connect with my two Selenite rods to aid in the clearing of dense energy cords.
- When checking email, I have a large Black Tourmaline that sits on my PC tower to help absorb the EMF’s and to keep my energy clear.
- When going to check the mail each day I pass through my front door that has a shelf next to it. On the sits, a Black Tourmaline chunk, Rose Quartz point, Amethyst cluster, a natural Lemonade Citrine Point, Selenite slab, and the Quart Cluster I got while in high school.
- When I go to shows and set up my reading table, I always have my large Amethyst cluster, Rose quarts point, Selenite tower, Celestine geode and my bag of chakra tumbled crystals! : )
The list goes on and on…
Needless to say working with crystals is like breathing for me! I do it every day because the crystals create a more fluid energy field in my life and aid in my Spirit and Personal growth AND in my practice!
I couldn’t imagine my life without these Sparkly Power Houses by my side!!! : )
M. Flora Peterson is an Author, Teacher, Spiritual Empowerment Coach, Psychic and Everyday Pagan. She conducts workshops, classes and one-on-one sessions in Earth based Spiritualism and Spiritual Empowerment Coaching. For more information please check out: Her website: www.CharmingPixieFlora.com & YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/user/CharmingPixieFlora
Isn’t she great?!!! She’s an excellent teacher & intuitive as well. I know from experience!!
Flora’s ideas of incorporating crystals into your everyday life are great. What are some ways you do that? Please post below or say “Hi” to Flora. 🙂
Glorious Rainbows & Crystals!!!