Sparkles + crystals + pessimism? Whaaaa?
It’s not always hunky-dory ♥’s & glitter ’round here. That would be totally unrealistic. So let’s get real for a sec.
I’m having a down day…this is very rare for me but its here just the same.
Today is my day during the week where I sit down & write my blog posts for the following week along with my newsletter. I usually have 40-50 blog post drafts floating around in my WordPress dashboard at any one time & I filter through them, slowly adding to them here & there as things come up; little gems that go perfectly with the topic. Then on Fridays I sift through & see what tickles my fancy to flesh out & finish up for the following week’s posts.
Today, while sifting through I saw my draft post with a working title of “Beating Pessimism” & I thought “Nahhhh…not a good day to work on that one. Not in the mood.” Then I did a mental slap in the forehead…
“Dope! Today is THE PERFECT day to work this shiz!
You need it!”
OK so here we go. Ready?
When we let our positive side SHINE we simply feel better.
Is it b/c we’re not stressed out or anxious? Is it the cause or the effect? Chicken or the egg?
It doesn’t really matter does it?
All that’s important is that it goes hand in hand. See, when we have the bright positive, sparkly attitude, we rack up a slough of good health side effects:
- boosted immune system
- less stress due to less production of the stress hormone cortisol
- reduction of chronic diseases from decreased inflammation
- PLUS…it just FEELS a whole lot damn better (& you can get rid of those little frown lines between your brows…added bonus!)
So if you’re feeling the Woe-Is-Me Stuffs Creeping up on you try some of these ideas:
1. Take good care of yourself. Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly & get enough sleep. We all know it. Depleting any of these wreaks havoc on our attitudes & health. (Lack of sleep is partly my reasoning for being in the pits today…not my fault…but you don’t want to hear me yammer on about that!)
2. Throat Chakra Crystal Infusion. Express the emotions you’re feeling honestly yet calmly & rationally so you can effectively deal with what’s eating you. This is all about the throat chakra, baby. (And again, partly the reason for my predicament today…I didn’t do this…kept it bottled up & released it incorrectly *sigh*).
So, my prescription to help correct this is a throat chakra healing session with either blue lace agate or a combo stone of azurite/malachite. This is the lovely free podcast I’ll be listening to while doing that meditation: Emotional Ease by Meditation Oasis. I’m also going to be drinking a gem elixir made of blue lace agate today as my only drink. All day long.
3. Tell someone how you’re feeling. Make sure that person isn’t a negativity monger though…that could just make things worse. You need a supportive ear. If you don’t have a trusted person to talk to then journal it out…its just as good. Getting it out in various healthy ways also helps us to figure things out…sort of what I’m doing right now. *I’m making some HUGE realizations as I type this.*
4. If the pessimism seems to creep in more often than it should, make a crystal grid focused just on this so that whenever you look at it it reminds you to look at the SPARKLY Silver-Lined side. And remember that the more you work with your grid, the better it will work for you.
A good affirmation for such a grid could be: “I call forth my positive self & ask for the ability to see the good while expressing myself in a healthy & optimistic way.”
OK, lots of work to do over here. I better get busy. 😉
(HUGS) & Many Crystal Blessings Chick Peas,
P.S. If this has helped you in any way or you have tips of your own to share please post them below for others to benefit from. We’d all love to hear about it.