I am so excited to tell you all about Watermelon Tourmaline + share my new watermelon crystal treasure with you in this quickie-vid…
It’s a must for your crystal healing tool box!
I’ve also blogged about pink tourmaline before as 1 of the recent stones being faked in certain markets. If you want to educate yourself about the fakes you can click over here to learn more about that.
But…today we’re talkin’ Watermelon Tourmaline…
What’s so wonderful about this type of tourmaline? Well, let me tell you:
- it speaks to the heart chakra, helping to clear out blockages & balance; doing this on 2 separate, yet related frequencies; both the green & the pink light frequency; making it doubly effective for balancing this chakra. **A watermelon tourmaline pendant can be conveniently worn over the heart for ongoing work & healing effects.** ♥
- note the sometimes presence of white “rind” between the pink & green; helps to keep energies of all kinds balanced
- it’s a gemstone that invites in compassion
- helps to dampen excessive or extreme emotions through calming
- and it’s known to awaken and/or attract love
Healers & light workers of all kinds often turn to watermelon tourmaline due to its therapeutic versatility in healing so many different types of physical (mostly directly dealing with the heart) as well as emotional aspects. You can use it in:
- body layouts
- crystal grids
- creating gem elixirs or essences for various purposes
- emanate energy into a space
- & of course, jewelry
The Thrill of the Hunt
I’ve been waiting quite a while to get 1 of these babies. You know… to find the “just right” piece for myself. I’ve even hunted for year after year in Tucson… looking for it, but never found one that really plucked my guitar strings. So I waited.
And wouldn’t you know… with all my trips out to the Tucson Gem Shows, I ended up finding this piece in a local rock shop not too far from my home. (I showcase my special piece in the above video).
**you never know where you’ll find your crystal treasures so never stop looking & don’t settle!**
Oh yes…I’ve had other “watermelons” that I’ve settled for in the past…most much smaller than my PIECE. 💚
Watermelon tourmaline can be found in Sri Lanka, Brazil, South Africa, Mozambique & Madagascar.
Tourmaline is actually known as the “chameleon” of the gem-world due to all the various colors & hues it comes in. Virtually every color & healing aspect you can think up…there’s a tourmaline for that.
They can also come in what is known as “Bi-color” or “Parti-colored”…when they express as 2 or more colors in a single crystal!
What I was looking for was the characteristic green rind followed by the white around the central pink tourmaline going almost all the way around. When the green & white rind goes all the way around perfectly…that really drives up the price due to it being aesthetically pleasing & much more rare…so be prepared.
That’s what makes it “watermelon tourmaline”…is the pink ruby-like center, the white + then the outer green rind.
I’m so excited to finally get a piece that felt right for me.
Plus there’s a beautiful hexagon in the center! Sacred-Geo Deliciousness.
Have you ever seen Watermelon Tourmaline? Worn it as crystal jewelry or worked with a piece in your practice? Please tell me in the comments below. 🙂