I have a confession to make.
A few months ago, I was in a bad place…I’d missed a lot of energy healing sessions, meditations & even self crystal healing. My Energetic Hygiene was pretty bad at that time. Embarrassing really…I had the aura-equivilent of hairy-unshaven legs.
*Sigh* Yeah…the lady running a Crystal Healing Academy hadn’t made Energetic hygiene a priority. Doing the very thing I warn all my students about.
I was just off a long period of supreme self-care, inner work & tip-top energetic hygiene. But…I got busy & fell off the wagon. It started with my scheduled healing sessions getting cancelled for one reason or another, then many biz things taking over, then family relations with major health issues, lots of travel required, eating & exercise hadn’t been great either. I finally succumbed to a bad cold after not being sick for many years! That was the major wake up call.
Now, I won’t complain that I don’t have time to get the shiz done that I need to, because we all know that is a lame excuse. I know you need to MAKE TIME to do the things we know are important. Time is all relative & it’s totally up to you.
I KNOW THIS!
What happened was that I made the lazy, yet very conscious decisions not to make consistent Energetic Hygiene a priority.
But WHY? It’s not like this is exercise that I would be sort of dreading. This is pleasurable stuffs! Maybe I subconsciously felt guilty about “indulging” in myself? But I KNOW & teach the whole Oxygen-Mask Theory of Self-Care. I know I’m no good to anyone else if I don’t care of myself first. I’m always preaching that self-care is essential to living a healthy & well-balanced life.
I know this so very well.
I still fell off the wagon.
I’m telling you all this b/c I just want you to know that NONE of us are perfect. We’re all here on Mama Earth to learn & continue to strive to do our best. We fall down…and this is our test.
Will you get back up & press on, continuing to strive to THRIVE & always attempt to live at your Full Potential?
Or will you just say “ah, it’s too hard. I didn’t see enough of a change. I give up. I quit.” And then later wonder how it all got so turned around & grim?
Once I realized what I was doing I had a good pep-talk with myself & then I knew as soon as I felt well I’d be back at it FULL FORCE.
And guess what?
Despite being lazy about it for 2 months or so, I attended a sound energy healing/mediation session bringing along my own crystals & I was back at it with passion & conviction.Crystals, yoga mat & back jack (sprinkled with magical cat hair from Topaz) in tow. I was back!
In addition, I got so much out of this session, my energetic sheath felt stronger than ever!…despite thinking that I had totally lost it due to lack of momentum or something. Nope…not at all.
We’ve all been there: all gung-ho about it for a while, all excited to do this stuff…especially when it’s all new to us & then something happens, we get busy, life gets in the way or we get bored & our enthusiasm wanes.
I feel all our passions go through cycles like this. Like the Moon & the tides, our passions ebb & flow, but if we take control we can make sure we never lose those passions that we know are necessary & good for us. And then the passion returns again.
So here are words of motivation for you if you’ve fallen off the Energetic Hygiene Wagon:
- Every meditation or energy session counts…even if its only 5 min. long. It all helps, adds up & is good for us.
- If you can only stop & sit & do a mini- 5 min. session on yourself 1/week that’s better than nothing! DO IT. It will keep you in the game. 😉
- If you can manage to book a session with a professional healer, having it in your calendar greatly helps to keep to it: whether it be a mediation class, a crystal healing session (With a Hibiscus Moon Certified Crystal Healer if you really want something out of this world), a Reiki session, etc.
- Schedule something bliss-filled on your phone’s calendar (set a reminder); like a crystal-healing bath. Even if it’s just 10 min. long.
- Use a Meditation App on your phone to remind you sit at a certain time & meditate for just 5 min. This is great one!
- Make healthier decisions in other areas of your life (sleep, exercise, diet, people you spend time with, bad habits) & this will keep the momentum going & will spill over into your Energetic Hygiene area.
And please don’t be hard on yourself for what you didn’t do or how you messed up. I’ve tried that & it helps no one. It just makes things worse. Its part of being human. Accept. Get up. Brush off. Keep on truckin’ w/ a smile on your face. It’s all part of this fun Mama Earth School.
What other ideas can you share in the comments below to help when 1 of us Crystal Hotties falls off the Energetic Hygiene wagon?
Super-Sized Crystal Blessings to you!