OK…making this an annual tradition now.
Since philanthropy is one of my big “WHY’s’ of why I do what I do, why I run my sacred crystal biz the way that I do, it’s a huge motivator for me.
Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”
So, just like last year’s post, I want to feature the charities I’ve chosen to include in my donations throughout the year.
This world is a wonderful place if you just train yourself to see all the good that people do…everyday. And I try to find ways to be one of those people each day.
I hope you read this post & take action on something. There’s always SOMETHING you can do…and it doesn’t have to be $$. I challenge you to take 1 action & post in the comments below what that action was. Even if its simply spreading the word…that’s a BIG ACTION. It’s not turning and looking away& pretending you didn’t see or saying to yourself…”I’ve got my own schist to worry about.” It’s an action that counts, BABY!
This being the gifting/holiday season, it’s the prefect time to blog this; keeping in mind the spirit of giving while being grateful for all we have & then finding what we can give to others.
Frankie & I spent this Christmas season in Hawai’i. Living, learning & ENJOYING the spirit of Aloha! I’m so very grateful to be able to do that & what I do when I’m grateful (which quite a lot these days) is give back to the Universe. This keeps the flow in balance while benefitting so many others….plus I just love doing it!
And I intend on going WAY BIGGER so I can do so much more in 2014. Look out world!!
There are so many benefits to giving…for both the receiver & the giver. I won’t list them all here, but just know…
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
I know not everyone is in a position to give monetarily, but that ain’t the only way to give, you know. You can also give of your time by volunteering or by sharing information with others, (to Facebook, twitter, email, a letter, etc.) helping to create awareness. Or go through your stuffs at home & de-clutter. You probably have some really great things that can be donated to charity wishlists, the local Goodwill or other similar organizations!
Life’s persistent and most urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’
~Martin Luther King Jr.
If you’re subbed to my weekly newsletter, you know I have a special weekly feature dedicated to 1 of my favorite charities each week. I like to bring awareness to their cause & get them some exposure with my big mailing list & perhaps even a few donations. I have some fav. charities whose values are in alignment with my own, that are known for keeping a positive attitude & commit to creating change in a peaceful way. Disclaimer: please always do your own research before sending money to any charity.
Now, I introduce you to my current fav. charities.
I challenge you to please choose 1 organization below & do 1 thing to help them out today. Then tell us in the comments below how you’ve been able to help. Did you sign a petition? Shared about them on Facebook or Twitter? Send them an item from their wish list? Or perhaps you’ve sent them some mula. Is there 1 that might tickle your fancy?:
- Kiva – Would you like to join my the Hibiscus Moon Crystal Hotties Kiva Team? Kiva is a different kind of charity, lending to alleviate poverty. You can lend $25, loan it to a family, they pay it back & you can now donate that same $25 to another family. That same $25 can go on & on to help + empower + creating opportunities for soooo many people all over the world!! I love this idea.
- National Wildlife Federation – I love supporting their efforts b/c they inspire us all to protect our wildlife for the future of other generations. You can donate any amount here (they give nice donation gifts too). And if you have kids, please consider “adopting” an animal….so FUN!
- Cats Exclusive – This is a very small no-kill non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, dedicated to helping our community – both people & felines alike. They’ve helped over 6000 cats get adopted & over 10,000 get spayed & neutered. You can make a donation of ANY AMOUNT (even $1) here. They also have a wish list of items you can easily send them from Amazon here.
- Sea Turtle Restoration Project – The sea turtle is my totem animal…very near + dear to me. This organization works so hard to protect these endangered creatures & to educate the public. To donate any amount to them, click here. If you can’t donate, please help by connecting & sharing about them on FB here.
- Women in Distress of Broward County– their mission is to stop domestic violence abuse for everyone (not just women any longer) through intervention, education + advocacy. Click here to see how you can help. They offer a 24-Hour Crisis Hotline & emergency shelter, as well as counseling + support for victims + their children.
- Raise Hope for Congo – I am very passionate about educating people about Conflict Minerals & donating to Raise Hope for Congo. They advocate for the human rights of all Congolese citizens while working towards ending the ongoing conflict in eastern Congo. There are soooo many ways to help! You can donate here. Email your tech companies regarding Conflict Minerals (is your technology Conflict Mineral-FREE? Urge your local schools to go conflict-free. Help spread the word & take action.
- Plan Int. – I both sponsor 1 specific young girl to go to school as well as donate generally to this charity. They work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia & the Americas to promote child rights & lift millions of children out of poverty. Find out what you can do here.
- Jane Goodall Institute – as primatology undergrad major, one of my role-models has always been Jane Goodall. I love how she spreads her message of peace. This organization is a global nonprofit that empowers people to make a difference for not just chimpanzees but all living things. Find out how to support them here.
- Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project – aims to stop dolphin slaughter and exploitation around the world. Learn what you can do to take action now.
- Polaris Project -a leading organization in the global fight against human trafficking and modern-day slavery. Click here for all sorts of ways you can help.
Happy New Year & Many Crystal Blessings to you for taking a look-see & taking that 1 action! Mwaaaaah.