I can’t tell you how many people I talk to that once they find out what I do for a living, or what I teach others, they tell me all sorts of “I wish” statements….
Wishing they could get the courage to leave their boring soul-sucking jobs to pursue a career doing something they love while helping others to discover themselves and heal. They crave being able to play with crystals or work with energy in some form as a way to make a good living & manifest their greatest dreams.
Yet…they find themselves struggling to earn enough to make ends meet.
At first they assume there just isn’t a market for what they do or they don’t like pushing what they do…makes them feel “icky” so, the result? They aren’t making enough sales to pay the bills, let alone feel fulfilled & happy.
So we dig a bit deeper.
And what we really find is that something is actually there in the way, blocking them from achieving their BIG DREAMS. When I ask them what’s holding them back, it’s always the same response.
A fear of various things…but fear is the basis of it all:
- Sometimes it’s fear of what others may think.
- Sometimes it’s fear of not being good enough.
- Sometimes it’s a fear around charging MONEY for energy healing services. Oh yes…that’s a BIG ONE in our community. I hear that 1 over & over again. This particular topic is so big that I decided to break this blog post into 2 parts and address this one separately in Part 2…so stay tuned in for that one!
- And, finally, often…it’s a fear that we won’t be able to reliably financially provide for ourselves. That’s the topic I’m going to cover in this blog post.
Let’s get Real
Now I’m not one of those people who tell you to have faith that you can fly & then blindly leap out the window. No way. I’m a freakin’ Capricorn & way too practical & logical minded for that shit! I never condone leaving a reliable paycheck that allows you to stay safely sheltered & fed until I know that you’re on solid financial footing.
Sorry to burst your rainbow-filled dream of jumping in with 2 feet & having faith in the angels that the Universe will catch you. I do believe the Universe and Source Energy DO CONSPIRE to align everything just so for us IF we also put in the effort & show up to do the work…sending clear communication to Source that we are serious about this & willing to co-create.
That’s how I did it. I refused to leave my public school teaching job until I was successful in my biz for a good solid 6 months so I knew that it wasn’t a one-off fluke. I know, I know…how unromantic. But that’s just how I roll: SAFE + SOUND.
Sometimes I see crystal healers and energy workers following some solid marketing advice, but getting nowhere b/c they’re not realizing that they’re marketing to the WRONG people. I feel heart-broken for them…I see them frustrated that people aren’t open-minded enough to try out their services. They’re working so hard, spinning their wheels… but getting nowhere. You can’t just assume that you’ll start out selling your services to everyone you know and then your biz will spread by word of mouth living on positive energy alone. The reality is there are some subtle nuances to this metaphysical biz thing that may not apply to other areas of business.
Leveraging Your Time?
The other thing that greatly hinders energy healers in our community from doing well is that they may stubbornly cling to the idea of only working with people face to face, one on one in their local area: trading their hours for dollars. Unless you hold a healthy value on your time & charge higher hourly rates (which some people do but you have to work your way up to that)…this will most likely be a recipe for burn out and then failure.
It’s all great to book yourself with back to back healings, but at the same time we don’t want to burn you out. And even if you could do that sustainably, there’s a point where you’re going to max out your earnings. What do you do then?
I see way too many in our community struggling and it kills me…b/c it just doesn’t need to be that way. We just need to change our perspective on it. I’m using this blog post to give some solid steps to take in the right direction.
This is all DO-ABLE~!
I know it is b/c I’ve done it and I’ve shown so many others how to successfully do it too!
LAYER IT UP
My students in my Certified Crystal Healer Course know about the concept of layering on the vibrational energies. This has been a concept in my curriculum for years now and I apply it to my Sacred Biz as well.
Only with biz, I utilize the internet to layer in the various ways we can earn an income. And it allows me to share my work with a global community! We’ve had 1000’s of graduates and done business with them in over 38 countries all over Mama Earth!♥
Learn to leverage yourself, Baby.
It’s about no longer trading your precious hours for dollars.
It’s about layering in more passive income to your mix, diversifying multiple streams of income & honoring your precious energy. Using the magic of the internet, thank goodness, we no longer need to run our businesses solely trading our most precious commodity; our time…our limited hours for dollars. You get to leverage your time & mix it up in lots of fun ways!
This is the road to sacred success.
Some of the business I do is considered “passive income”; for instance the digital products I create…yes, there is very active work done on them upfront. But then they’re packaged up in a digital format that can be purchased and auto-delivered online. I hesitate to use the term “passive” because it’s never really “set it & forget it”. Customer service is always required for the life of the product as well as periodic updates, but you get the idea…it allows me to greatly leverage my time. Here are my current digital products as an example. I have 4 of them (listed at the top of the page).
So whatever type of energy healing you do or things that you may teach or things that you may sell, ask your community (Facebook is great for this)…what would they like to dive into, learn more about? Then you can create a product around that topic. I’m always asking my community what they’d like to learn more about. Then I round-up the responses that really light me up & I go from there.
Here are a few more ways you can do this…
- Offer an online workshop. There are many ways & platforms to do this but Google Hangouts is free & very easy to use. I found out that my audience really wanted to learn more about Sacred Geometry and its relationship to Crystals so I put together a PowerPoint, with a curriculum, props & included interactive methods that I had practiced and info I had discovered, and it took me about 3 hours total to teach the content. I scheduled 3 workshops to be delivered live via Google Hangouts over a 3 week period. Then I had the whole thing recorded & transcribed, put together some class resources that complimented the material & now I offer it as a digital product for $197. Yeah, I could teach this workshop live over & over again at a local metaphysical shop as I’ve been asked to do…but I won’t. WHY? B/c I value my work/life balance too much. I’ve chosen instead to offer it in this way… and you know what? It’s WAY BETTER than what I would do in person b/c in offering it this way, I’m also giving the student way more bells & whistles with it: transcripts, audios, meditation mp3, posters, resources…you get the idea. I did the work once and now it’s delivered to many; wherever & whenever they want it to an unlimited number of serving people all over the planet. It benefits all involved. Way better deal. 🙂
- Be an affiliate for products that you use and whole-heartedly believe in. ♥ This is a great stream of “passive” residual income for me. I do this for BioMat and it’s 1 of the best biz-decisions I ever made! I also do this with essential oils and now sell doTERRA Essential Oils.
- I used to do Crystal Consultations and/or Crystal Readings via Skype that included crystal suggestions that I could sell to the client (you can include other things here like essences, other services, essential oils, etc.) These sessions can also be sold as a mandatory package of 4 so it’s more beneficial to the client, you can go deeper without overwhelming them and earns more income for you. You can also include the recording of these. I don’t recommend doing these as an email consult as that just takes up too much time.
It’s no longer you against the big biz Goliaths.
Plus, the wonderful thing about being an energy healer or light worker is there really are no big-biz-Goliaths among us, are there?
The internet has completely leveled the playing field.
If you aren’t scared of putting in some hard work to create a strong foundation upfront (yet I don’t condone hustling or sacrificing your work/life balance) and you’re committed to being consistent you can get there…and BEYOND!
I also see many getting really excited to open up a physical brick n’ mortar space; whether it be to conduct healing sessions or to sell goods or services or all of the above. I have to admit, it’s very tempting to create a special sacred space outside of our homes to decorate just like the vision we see in our dreams; a sanctuary that those in our community can retreat to. Sounds like so much fun, right?
But the reality is that taking this path can be very expensive. And again, just as I said at the beginning of this post … I feel strongly that you don’t leave your day job until you have steady reliable income coming from your spiritual biz. I say the same for opening up a physical space.
I’ve done it all…and done it all successfully since 2009 (Yeah there have been some failures along the way, but I’ve always learned & applied lessons from them) … and never once did I have a commercial physical space…so it can be done.
Sure, I could have done it. I was asked to many times…and it was tempting.
But I know from speaking to other biz owners; IT’S NOT AN EASY PATH. I had my vision for what I wanted my sacred crystal biz to be firmly in place & I always knew I wanted to take what I did online… and keep it there. (I think that may be due to my introvert tendencies…but it works whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert!)
I’m not saying to NEVER take it to a physical space…just to do it slowly and smart!
Another thing I see missing when I see a holistic biz-failure is that there was one main ingredient missing: consistency.
- started up a newsletter
- and sent it every 2 weeks
- then it became sporadic
- and then it came out only when they remembered to do it
- and then no one is opening it up
- and then they remember to send out another one 4 months later
- and then a whole ton of people unsubscribe from it b/ they’ve forgotten who the heck this person even is!
You’ll need to be committed & disciplined to do the work consistently if you want to see the results.
Here’s a question to ask yourself:
How serious are you about contributing in a deep & significant way to your sacred biz growth?
Consistency establishes your reputation and makes your clients TRUST you.
You can’t establish a trust-worthy track record with your clients or followers if you’re constantly dropping the ball, skipping this or that you’d said you’d do, consistently changing your biz name or focus.
They’ll think: “FLAKE!” and move on to someone else to trade their hard-earned dollars with.
Can you blame them?
I’ve been in biz with my company, Hibiscus Moon, LLC for 8 years now. I left my full-time teaching job mid way through 2012 b/c my sacred crystal biz was already super-successful.
If you want to learn more about how to be successful in your energy healer biz, I share it all; everything I’ve learned over my last 8 years and included it FREE in the Professional Level of my Certified Crystal Healer course! Registration is now open for our Fall 2017 term, but please know that space is LIMITED at this level. Once we’re full I’ll be closing that up. CLICK HERE if you’d like to find out more.
I have lots more to say on this topic so there will be a Part 2 to this coming down the pike later. (In Part 2 of this blog post I’ll share more about another common pitfall of our community; under-valuing & under-charging.) Keep an eye for that if this is your gig. And please comment below with your ideas or opinions, questions or ideas on anything I’ve said above! Love to hear what you have to say. 🙂