Philanthropy is one of my big “WHY’s”…why I do what I do, why I run my sacred crystal biz the way that I do, it’s a huge motivator for me & for all of us here at HMCA. I feel business can & should be a force for good in the world. May the force be with you!
Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”
This world is a wonderful place if you just train yourself to see all the good that people do…everyday. 🙂 And I try to find ways to be 1 of those people each day.
“…a reverent businessman or businesswoman is a person who infuses a new energy into the archetype of entrepreneur, shifting it from a dynamic that is motivated by profits that are generated by serving others to a dynamic of serving others that is made possible by profits.” ~ author Gary Zukav, The Seat of the Soul
As a little challenge to you, I hope you read this page & decide to take action on something. There’s always ONE THING you can do…and it doesn’t have to be $$. Even if it’s simply spreading the word…that’s a BIG ACTION. It’s not turning & looking away & pretending you didn’t see or saying to yourself…”I’ve got my own schist to worry about.” It’s an action that counts, BABY!
There are so many benefits to giving…for both the receiver & the giver. I won’t list them all here, but just know…
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
I know not everyone is in a position to give monetarily, but that ain’t the only way to give, you know. You can also give of your time by volunteering your time, talent or knowledge or by sharing information with others, (to Facebook, twitter, email, a letter, etc.) helping to create awareness. Or go through your stuffs at home & de-clutter. You probably have some really great things that can be donated to charity wishlists, the local Goodwill or other similar organizations!
Life’s persistent and most urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’
~Martin Luther King Jr.
And here’s our Sparkly Company Culture Statement:
Hibiscus Moon, LLC is a heart-centered company who’s mission is to share the knowledge, wisdom, fun and science behind working with crystals while radiating abundance, transformations and philanthropic efforts worldwide.
I have some fav. charities whose values are in alignment with my own & those of Hibiscus Moon, LLC: known for keeping a positive attitude & commit to creating change in a peaceful way.
Here’s a list of charities that HMCA donates to on a regular basis…
We regularly check up on the charities Hibiscus Moon, LLC chooses to support & filter them through a charity checker site to see how they’re rated so we can be better assured they’re using the donations responsibly.
I challenge you to please choose 1 organization below & do 1 thing to help them out today. Then come tell me on my Facebook page how you’ve been able to help. Did you sign a petition? Shared about them on Facebook or Twitter? Send them an item from their wish list? Or perhaps you’ve sent them some mula. Is there 1 below that might tickle your fancy?:
- Kiva – Would you like to join my the Hibiscus Moon Crystal Hotties Kiva Team? Kiva is a different kind of charity, lending to alleviate poverty. You can lend $25, loan it to a family, they pay it back & you can now donate that same $25 to another family. That same $25 can go on & on to help + empower + creating opportunities for soooo many people all over the world!! I love this idea.
- Abuse Counseling and Treatment, Inc. – serving victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking, they offer counseling, advocacy & crisis response programs, as well as children and teen programs. All services are offered free of charge to victims and their children & even include a Sexual Assault Services Center as well as a 24-hour hotline.
- National Wildlife Federation – I love supporting their efforts b/c they inspire us all to protect our wildlife for the future of other generations. You can donate any amount here (they give nice donation gifts too). And if you have kids, please consider “adopting” an animal….so FUN!
- Cats Exclusive – This is a very small no-kill non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, dedicated to helping our community – both people & felines alike. They’ve helped over 6000 cats get adopted & over 10,000 get spayed & neutered. You can make a donation of ANY AMOUNT (even $1) here. They also have a wish list of items you can easily send them from Amazon here.
- Sea Turtle Restoration Project – The sea turtle is my totem animal…very near + dear to me. This organization works so hard to protect these endangered creatures & to educate the public. To donate any amount to them, click here. If you can’t donate, please help by connecting & sharing about them on FB here.
- Jane Goodall Institute – as primatology undergrad major, one of my role-models has always been Jane Goodall. I love how she spreads her message of peace. This organization is a global nonprofit that empowers people to make a difference for not just chimpanzees but all living things. Find out how to support them here.
- Everglades Angels Dog Rescue – their mission is to end the suffering of thousands of abandoned pet dogs, feral & breeding packs of dogs, by physical rescue, from rural and remote areas of Florida.
- Dress for Success – this is a great program that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life!
- CROW (Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife) – this is a unique place that helps native animals from all over SW Florida; a teaching hospital & visitor center dedicated to saving wildlife through state-of-the-art veterinary care, research, education, and conservation medicine!
Many Crystal Blessings of Abundance to you for taking a look-see & taking that 1 action! Mwaaaaah.