I recently asked the Crystal Hotties on my Facebook Page:
“What are some popular crystal topics that you would like to know about?”
I promised I would take the TOP 2 & turn 1 into a video (working on that this weekend) & the other into a blog post. Here’s that blog post.
I won’t get into what shapes your crystals should be, whether natural, cut or polished here in this post since that’s really a whole other topic for another day. Since this is for a beginner’s kit, my advice is to select the 1 crystal shape or size that calls to you most & still fits within your budget. If that means just getting 1 tumbled stone of each then that will be PERFECT. Go for it!♥
So, what 5 crystals you should have in your beginner’s kit?
Well, that really would vary by individual. But we can determine 5 Must-Haves.
Now, there are so many ways to go with this. But I wanted to keep the list simple using inexpensive & easy-to-obtain crystals. Didn’t want to send you hunting to the ends of the Earth looking for the most rare & expensive crystals I could think of…like this…
This is papagoite…a NOTORIOUSLY expensive crystal due to its rarity & beauty….NOT part of my list. ;)
Drum roll please…
Your 5 Must Have Crystals
1. Clear quartz is a must. It’s so versatile & can be used for ANY purpose so you’ve got to have 1 of these babies.
It’s also a very powerful amplifier! Quartz amplifies any vibrational frequencies, including our own.
Why does quartz work so well with us? B/c clear crystal quartz’ chemical formula is SiO2 aka silica. Scientists have determined that our bodies are partially made of liquid silica crystals. Our cells each have their own EMF (electromagnetic frequency), just as our entire body does, just as Mother Earth does.
Our cells’ EMF is actually maintained by silica! Nobel Prize winner Adolf Butenant, proved that life cannot exist without silica. The average human body holds about 7g of silica, way more than other important minerals such as iron. Yeah! I KNOW!! It’s vital to life.
So needless to say, quartz works with us very well. OK, so that’s my long answer on why quartz is important. Actually…I can go waaaaaaay longer, but I’ll let you off easy this time, Chick Pea.
2. Citrine, which is also quartz that’s been heated up in Mother Earth’s kitchen (actually usually starts out as usually amethyst or sometimes smokey quartz) to turn various shades of champagne, yellow & sometimes a very deep iced tea color known as Medeira.
BTW, I don’t feel that your citrine must be a natural 1. A tumbled citrine will work just fine. I have a 2 part video series on what the difference are & why I feel that way here: Part 1 + Part 2.
This is a natural Congo citrine, quite dark in color. Can you FEEL that sunny energy?
Citrine’s energy is happy & creative so if you’re feeling down or need to get out of a creative block, reach for this. It gives a great boost to anything to do with finances or prosperity & abundance. Its also a great manifestor with it’s sunny energy.
3. Rose quartz, also quartz. Scientists still argue on exactly what elements cause the pink color so we won’t get into that. It grows in masses so you will very rarely find it in a natural point.
It’s a really great stone to have around b/c its energy is very calming, gentle & compassionate….a stone of love; love of all sorts. Whenever you feel the need to feel loved or you need or want to offer compassion, grab your rose quartz. That’s what I do!
A large cut & polished rose quartz point.
4. Green aventurine, again…another type of quartz (are we noticing a theme here?) It also grows in masses so no points at all here. I say “green” aventurine b/c it does come in other colors, although more rare. Also, the greens can vary from very dark to much lighter.
Luscious green aventurine tumblies.
This is a very important stone to get your hands on b/c its all about vitality…of anything; health, growth, finances, confidence, friends. Its a common healing stone so a go-to stone for any ailments.
5. Amethyst, yep, another quartz…with traces of iron & manganese giving it that lovely purple color.They come in natural points large & small, also often found in clusters within large geodes…known as druse.
This amethyst point has been cut & polished.
Amethyst is a great stone of protection & purification. Its also known to enhance intuition & helps with the release of addictions…so a great 1 to have around.
So that’s my 5 crystals! Here’s a quick recap list:
It’s not 100% comprehensive but…with those crystals in your tool box, you can cover a lot of ground, no? If you have others you’d like to add…like I said…there are so many ways we could go with this, please post them in the comments below! 🙂
HUGE HUGS & BIG Spirit Blessings!